Welcome!

This blog is where I'll be posting stuff from a class I'm taking at RPI, Graphic Storytelling.

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Blackout Poem

This assignment was rather fun to work on--take a newspaper article and a black Sharpie, and black out the unnecessary words in the article to create a poem. I found this article in a recent edition of the Poly, RPI's school newspaper. It was an article dealing with insomnia, which caught my eye because I'm no stranger to the curse of being unable to fall asleep. My only regret about this piece is that the article was printed in two narrow columns, and in composing the poem, I followed the natural reading order of the left column followed by the right. However, after shading with Sharpie, the columns disappeared, necessitating the addition of an arrow directing the reader's gaze. I would have preferred to not need the arrow, but overall, I was pleased with how the poem turned out.

No comments:

Post a Comment