Welcome!

This blog is where I'll be posting stuff from a class I'm taking at RPI, Graphic Storytelling.

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Instructional Image

My attempt at making an image designed to teach someone a simple task. Instead of going with a step-by-step approach, I decided to create more of a general guide to transforming a realistic-looking anime character into a super-cute chibi character, or vice-versa. There's no specific order in which to use the advice presented here, but rather, an artist can work these tips into his or her own art style. The transition from normal anatomy to chibi anatomy was a difficult one for me, which is why I chose this topic for my instructional image. Not only did I get to practice my own technique while making this piece, but perhaps someone somewhere is struggling just as I used to and will find this guide helpful. Created in Photoshop CS3 with an Intuos 3 tablet.

No comments:

Post a Comment