Welcome!

This blog is where I'll be posting stuff from a class I'm taking at RPI, Graphic Storytelling.

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Past/Present/Future

On the right is panel 64 from Frans Masereel's "The City" (found here). On the left is an image I created depicting a possible "before" image to match Masereel's "after" image--the calm night sky before the storm of fireworks, with a single rocket shooting upwards to herald the upcoming activity. I also altered the house on the left side of each image; when the night appears calm, the house is quiet and still, but after the fireworks begin a woman looks outside to view the festivities. I chose to use a darker black for my image than the greyish-black in Masereel's image, to emphasize how much light the fireworks bring to the scene.

No comments:

Post a Comment